Just because technical activities are in session doesn’t mean there isn’t fun to be had elsewhere. Check out these wonderful opportunities to explore the island on your own!
* These activities are not limited to companions. All 2016 SEAOC Convention attendees and their guests are welcome to register for these events.
Companion Poolside Meet-and-Greet
Come mingle with other SEAOC Convention attendee companions. Possibly meet some travel buddies for the week. Private tent, ice water and fresh fruit are complimentary. Other beverages and food are available for purchase from the poolside waitstaff.
Registration Fee: Free – While this event is complimentary, please sign up for it in your registration form so we can get a headcount. Thanks!
Time: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Location: ‘Ohana Private Tent at the Lahaina Pool
Hana Guided Van Tour*
Explore the tropical beauty of the Hana Coast. Your professional tour guide will escort you in air-conditioned comfort through 617 curves, 54 one-lane bridges, waterfalls, scenic lookouts, bamboo jungles, and black sand beaches. Continental breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, and hotel pickup are included.
Registration Fee: $146 Adult, $98 Youth (ages 3-11)
Time: Thursday October 13th, 2016, 6:30 am to 6:00 pm
Location: Hyatt Regency Resort Trolley Stop (on-site at resort)
Additional Information: Please bring a light jacket, sunglasses, cash for souvenirs, and a bathing suit/towel (swim stop if weather permits). The resort concierge will give you more specific details when you arrive and register.
West Maui Snorkel Tour*
Embark from Ka’anapali Beach aboard a beautiful sailing catamaran! Your ocean adventure includes snorkel gear, a hot buffet lunch, and complimentary bar service. Your crew will find the best spot to explore the spectacular marine life in our warm tropical waters!
Registration Fee: $129 Adult, $81 Youth (ages 2-12)
Time: Friday October 14th, 2016, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Location: Meet at the Whaler’s Village in Ka’anapali Beach, just a short 20 minute walk or short 5 minute drive from the Hyatt Regency Resort.
Additional Information: Please bring your photo ID, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a bathing suit/towel. The resort concierge will give you more specific details when you arrive and register.
Tour of the Stars* – SOLD OUT
Experience the Hyatt Regency Maui’s very own astronomy program. Gaze upon a starry night sky through high-powered telescopes and binoculars. Each show lasts one hour and is subject to cancellation due to weather. Registrants will be rescheduled or fully refunded in the event of cancellation.
Registration Fee: $25 + tax Adult, $15 Youth (ages 6-12)
Times: Thursday, October 13th, 2016, 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Location: Hotel Rooftop
Romance of the Stars* – SOLD OUT
For a romantic end to a perfect day, share champagne and chocolate covered strawberries during this special edition of the Tour of the Stars. Each show lasts one hour and is subject to cancellation due to weather. Registrants will be rescheduled or fully refunded in the event of cancellation.
Registration Fee: $80 + tax per couple
Times: Thursday, October 13th, 2016, 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Location: Hotel Rooftop
The Hyatt Regency Maui’s concierge desk will help you book any of these Top 20 Activities and Tours, in addition to other adventures summarized below.
- Explore Maui’s natural treasures: bike down the Haleakala Crater, see Maui via horseback, witness sunrise over the Haleakala Crater, or experience the Road to Hana on a van tour
- Go on a boat adventure: take a tour on a real submarine, go sport fishing or take a sunset sail
- Browse the sky on a helicopter or plane tour
- Enjoy some evening entertainment with a magic show or musical
- Discover the Road to Hana via a self-guided or off-road guided tour
- Do some water sports: snorkel, kayak or surf
- Visit a neighboring island and/or tour Pearl Harbor
- Go ATVing
- Visit Haleakala Volcano National Park
Here are some more activities around Maui you can explore on your own:
- Signature shopping at Whaler’s Village, 15 minutes away via a walk along the beach
- The historic city of Lahaina, which offers art galleries and a variety of unique shops, restaurants and bars
- Snorkeling at the nearby Black Rock
- Visit Molokini for snorkeling with green sea turtles
- Taste some local Maui Wine
- Take a tour of the Ali’i Kula Lavendar farm
- Hali’imaile Distilling Company produces handcrafted, locally made, authentic Hawaiian brand spirits and provides tours and tastings.
- Ocean Organic Vodka – take a tour of the sustainable, organic farm that produces the ingredients for this local vodka. End the tour with some samples and a shot glass.
For even more suggestions from Frommer’s, click here.